Have the new icons. Not quite the new fic.
Have a different new fic, though - A Last New Year's Eve
is proving to be amazing
for me. If only my New Year's resolution had been a community. Well, I know what to do next year.
But look at the really, really, really nice review I got for it, from bratanimus
Wow. I mean, really, WOW. I really, really liked this. You have a way with the physical actions of the characters, and impact of the environment; you know how to bring a scene to life. Remus rubbing his tongue on the roof of his mouth, Lily bouncing on her arm, the wall trembling behind them at the end, etc etc etc. Very vivid, very alive.
Even the exposition was evocative and complete, giving us tastes of other characters even though they are not the focus: Harry had a wonderful ability to make him forget unpleasant things. A sort of obliviator-field, as Sirius called it. So succinct and wonderful.
The hand holding and the "I love you's" actually took my breath away, which is something to be said for a fic. I adored the ending, from And what does one say through the end. The last sentence was so incredibly evocative.
And of course excellent use of the prompt. Such an economical piece, succinct and vibrant -- a fabulous snapshot of two people clinging to life, though love. I really, really loved this. Very glad you posted it. :D
Best I've gotten in a while, honestly.
But back to the icons. A count of what I have now:
- Five Hellsing (one general/Alucard, two Integra/Alucard [*ignores the specific Girlycard*], one Integra, one Walter)
- Four Ouran (two pure Kyouya, one Kyouya-Haruhi, one Tamaki-Kyouya)
- Three Harry Potter (*cough* - at least one Lily/Severus now, finally, a general one, and buttfacemakani/humor)
- Two general writing (one negative, one neutral) and one slightly angsty Violet-/Klaus. :D
started going again on Out of the Dungeon
- 5,447 words, and we're still barely halfway through day one. When I post it, it's going to be CHAPTERED, ooooh. Anyway, there are still many questions that must be answered, but at least I remembered certain important features like a will
. And I figure a lot of other details can be glossed over, as long as readers get the point of how angsty it is and how Alucard's helping her. Hem.